S For Cleaning Your Bte Hearing Aids
1. Remove your hearing aids and place them on a paper towel, paper plate, or other surface that can catch debris.
2. Remove your BTE hearing aids earmold from its hook to clean both pieces separately.
3. Begin cleaning your BTE hearing aids with a gentle cloth wipe-down.
4. Use an approved brush to remove wax.
5. Unlike with ITE hearing aids, a BTE earmold can handle warm, soapy water once per week. Soak your BTE hearing aids earmolds in warm, soapy water for a few minutes.
6. Dry your earmolds completely overnight.
7. Use a bulb blower to push water out of your BTE hearing aids tubing. Let the tubing dry overnight.
8. Once all components are dry, reassemble your hearing aids.
NOTE: Before using water or any liquid-based cleaner, you should check with a hearing aid professional or audiologist.
In our next post, well talk about some of the most popular hearing aid brands and some tips for cleaning them.
Hearing Aids From 14900
Hearing Direct are one of the Worlds leading hearing aid specialists, stocking an expansive range of hearing aids, phones and accessories. Your hearing health is important to us and we produce the best advice and offer the most prominent products available to satisfy your listening needs.
Our philosophy at HearingDirect is simple: We feel that the improvement in the quality of life hearing aids can provide, should be easily and readily available to everybody at affordable prices. Until now, the average price of a privately purchased hearing device has approximately been a colossal £1,100. At HearingDirect.com youll find a super range of high quality digital hearing products at 90% cheaper!
The committed team behind HearingDirect have worked in the hearing aid manufacturing industry for countless years and we bring a vast wealth of knowledge and expertise on auditory health and products we provide.
We know the true value of these micro-engineered digital devices and know the products inside-out. Quite simply, we have removed many of the hefty costs associated with buying any hearing device privately and passed those savings directly on to you. Thats why our range of quality products are at such low prices!
Thank you for visiting HearingDirect.com.
You May Like: Guinea Pig Ear Cleaning
Consulting With A Professional
Its important to note that hearing aids should also be cleaned by a professional regularly. Speak to your audiologist about how often they recommend you have them cleaned by a professional. They have intricate tools and processes that will allow for a deep clean of all the parts.
Are you looking to consult with an audiologist regarding your hearing aids or do you need help cleaning your hearing aids? If so, then take the time to learn more about Adirondack Audiology and reach out with questions or to schedule an appointment call us today at 800-273-9536.
Recommended Reading: Phonak Icom Pairing
How To Clean Your Behind The Ear Hearing Aids
For instructions on how to wash the mould and tube see below.
Best Tools For Cleaning Your Hearing Aids
Includes an electronic vacuum cleaner, for those who need more frequent deep cleanings of their hearing aids due to wax or debris accumulation.
These are just some of the tools of the trade, but how would you go about using them? Lets finally get to the process of cleaning your hearing aids.
Don’t Miss: How To Say Hungry In Sign Language
S On Cleaning Hearing Aids
In-the-ear /Custom, receiver-in-the-canal , and behind-the-ear hearing aids all will follow these 4 steps. Here you can see two very simplistic videos on cleaning.
Before You Start Cleaning
Before you start to clean your hearing aids, you will need to wash your hands so that you do not transfer any germs onto the hearing aids. It is also advisable to place a clean, dry cloth on the table when you are cleaning the hearing aids. This will give you a clean place to rest them, and it will also help you keep all the parts of the hearing aid in one place during the cleaning process.
Read Also: How To Pair Phonak Hearing Aids With Iphone
Cleaning And Caring For Your Hearing Aids Learn How To Clean Hearing Aids And Take Care Of Them
The placement of hearing aids in the ear canal means that they are constantly exposed to moisture as well as ear wax – conditions that are not ideal for any piece of technology. Itâs therefore important to take care of your hearing aids and to regularly clean them so they stay in good condition and functioning at their best.
Ear Wax Clogs Up The Sound Outlet
Ear wax build-up is one of the main causes for hearing aid repair, because wax clogs up the sound outlet and/or the ventilation opening, resulting in weak, distorted sound or absence of sound.
Your hearing aids are an important investment and have been designed to be both reliable and durable. Use a few minutes each day to clean them.
Most hearing aids come with a filter or other device to stop wax getting into the hearing aid.
You May Like: Sign Language For Angel
Why Is The Daily Care And Cleaning Of A Hearing Aid Necessary Author: Admin
Hearing aids represent a substantial investment. Learning how to care for these devices at home is essential to guarantee their best performances over time. Undoubtedly, scheduling in regular professional cleanings of your hearing aid is vital. However, a daily care routine, as well as implementing best practices, can ensure you enjoy clear and vibrant sounds for months to come.
Hearing Aid Care Tips
To extend the life of your hearing aid, batteries and prevent additional hearing loss, follow these care tips.
- Wash your hands before handling your hearing aids.
- Store your device in a safe, dry place.
- Keep your hearing aids away from children or pets.
- Turn off your hearing aids when youre not wearing them.
- Clean your device at the end of the day to allow time for everything to dry.
- Consider investing in a hearing aid dehumidifier if your device collects a lot of moisture.
- Dont wear your hearing aids while swimming, in the shower, or while using hairspray or a hairdryer.
- Every six months or so, schedule an appointment with your hearing care professional for a routine hearing test for more detailed cleanings.
If you notice additional hearing loss while using your device, even after cleaning, schedule an appointment with a hearing care professional or at a hearing center, or we can help you find the best online hearing tests here.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Sign Language For God
How To Clean An Ite Hearing Aid
Follow the steps below to clean your in-the-ear style hearing aid.
Caution: Never use water, alcohol, or chemical wipes to clean an ITE hearing aid.
For a hands-on demonstration of how to clean your ITE hearing aids, watch this video:
How To Clean And Care For Your Hearing Aids
Regular care and cleanings will extend the life of your hearing aids and help keep them in top working condition. You wouldnt buy a brand new car and then never wash it or change the oil, would you? Keeping your hearing aids in good working condition requires maintenance too. Youve made a valuable investment here are some tips on how to protect it.
Read Also: How To Heal An Infected Ear Piercing Fast
How To Disinfect Hearing Aids
A specific hearing aid disinfectant can be purchased from your audiologist however, the best way to ensure you have clean hearing aids is to ensure your hands and tools are clean when cleaning your device, laying all components on a clean soft cloth as you clean your hearing aid, and ensure your ears are clean and dry when you put your device back in your ear.
S For Cleaning Ric Hearing Aids
If the rubber ear dome or mold in either your BTE or RIC hearing aids is very dirty, you can remove it from the rest of your hearing aid and wash it with warm, soapy water. It is also important to remember, not to reattach the ear dome or mold to your hearing aid until its completely dry.
You May Like: Asl For Hungry
Things To Avoid When Cleaning Your Hearing Aids
If you’ve compared some of the best hearing aids on the market, you know they can be a costly expense. Prolong the life of your hearing aids by avoiding these actions that can damage or break your device. When cleaning your hearing aids, never:
- Clean hearing aids with an alcohol or chemical solution. These can damage the circuitry and short out your hearing aid.
- Get your hearing aids wet. Water is like kryptonite to hearing aids, as it can damage electronic components.
- If you notice your hearing aid needs repairing as you clean, don’t attempt to do it yourself. Contact your audiologist.
Other Tips For Clean Hearing Aids
- To ensure clean hearing aids, avoid applying makeup or hairspray while your device is in as they can get into the microphone or other openings and cause damage.
- When you clean hearing aids, lay all pieces on a flat surface on top of a clean dry cloth, so you can account for all components and protect them from dirt and damage
- Only use specially designed cleaning brushes to clean hearing aids, never use sharp or pointy objects as these may damage the device
Cleaning Your Hearing Aids: A Guide
Upkeep is an important part of owning and maintaining hearing aids. With proper care, your hearing aids can go long periods of time without professional cleanings or repairs. While emergencies and accidents do occur, you can prevent issues by knowing how to properly clean your hearing aids.
Whether youre still getting the hang of owning hearing aids, or just want to brush up on your cleaning routine, theres no harm in making sure that youre taking care of your hearing aids properly. Cleaning hearing aids can seem daunting at first, since many people feel anxious messing with devices that they care about. However, knowing how to clean your hearing aids is something that will feel natural after enough maintenance sessions. If youre looking for some guidance on how to store and clean your hearing aids, this article will walk you through what you need to know.
Tips For Taking Care Of Your Hearing Aids
If you need someone to show you how to do any of these activities, talk to the audiologist.
Adapted from materials from Beginnings for Parents of Children Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing Inc. and the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders .
“Do you know…” is an educational series for patients and their families.
Browse By Category
Don’t Miss: How To Pair Widex Hearing Aids To Iphone
How To Properly Clean Your In
- Water and solvents can damage the sensitive electronic components. After removing them, wipe the hearing aids with a soft, dry cloth.
- Check your hearing aid and earpiece daily for earwax or moisture deposits and clean if necessary. Use a special brush for this purpose. Always clean the hearing aids from top to bottom to prevent earwax or dust particles from getting inside the hearing aids.
- If the volume of a hearing aid decreases, the earwax filter may be blocked. Either replace the earwax filter or consult your hearing care professional.
Important for In-the-ear hearing aids
Because the electronics of an In-the-Ear aid are built into the earpiece , these aids are particularly prone to damage due to earwax, moisture, and dirt.
Hearing Aid Cleaning Toolbox
A cleaning tool is an accessory to assist you in regularly cleaning and maintaining your hearing aids. Be sure to consult with your hearing healthcare provider to find out which tools are best for your particular hearing aids.
These common cleaning tools keep your hearing aids clean and in good working condition:
- Hearing aid cleaning brush: soft bristle tool that allows for gentle cleaning in and around the hearing aid. A magnet at the end of the brush allows for easy retrieval of the battery for changing, if you don’t have rechargeable batteries.
- Wax pick and wire loop: tool used to safely pick out wax and debris in ports and openings in hearing aids.
- Wax guards: filter system used to block earwax from entering the hearing aids and preventing damage to the electronics.
You May Like: Im Hungry In Sign Language
Looking For A Provider
If you are searching for an Audiologist who follows best practices in your area, you’ve come to the right place. Providers in the DrCliffAud Network have committed to following Audiology best practices as well as several additional criteria to ensure the best possible outcomes for you , the patient. If you or someone you love are seeking quality hearing healthcare, click below to find a Dr. Cliff Approved Provider near you.
Cleaning The Speaker Unit And Shell
As a general rule, clean your hearing aids each day with a soft, dry cloth. Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling your aids.
For further recommendation on how to clean your hearing aid, please click here
The speaker unit in receiver-in-the ear hearing aids should be cleaned on a regular basis using a cloth to rub off any earwax.
The domes that cover the speaker units should not be cleaned, but instead replaced at least once a month.
Don’t Miss: Colloidal Silver Ruptured Eardrum
How To Clean Hearing Aids
To ensure good performance and the best possible hearing quality, regular and thorough clean hearing aids are essential. This is because our ear produces cerumen, which can interfere with and block the mechanism of the hearing aids. You will then have the impression that you hear less well or that your hearing aids no longer work.
How To Clean Bte Hearing Aids
To clean a BTE hearing aid and earmold, follow these steps:
A “multi-tool” offers all-in-one cleaning.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Say God In Sign Language
Drying And Storing Your Hearing Aids
- Dry all individual parts of your hearing aid before reassembling it using a drying box/pouch. These devices circulate warm, dry air around the hearing aids and automatically switch off once the drying cycle completes.
- Never dry your hearing aids using a hair dryer or microwave. These become too hot, causing the plastic parts of the hearing aid to distort, and the electronic components can be damaged or destroyed.
- Make sure to not store your hearing aids in direct sunlight to avoid warping or distorting.